June was an exciting time for Woodlore, with our first ever Woodlore Emergency First Aider course taking place. It’s the first in a new range of Woodlore First Aid courses, providing a solid introduction to the application of First Aid in the outdoors.
Topics covered on the WEM 1 course include:
- Effective First Aid kits and equipment
- Dealing with an unconscious casualty (adults and children)
- The Primary and Secondary assessment of an unconscious casualty
- Resuscitation of both adults and children
- Dealing with a choking casualty
- Dealing with a casualty who is bleeding
- Dealing with burns
- Management of breathing problems
- Dealing with a casualty who has drowned
- Environmental hazards and associated conditions
- Managing various types of fractures
For more information on this or any of our other courses, please get in touch.